We are a certified Cat Friendly Practice!
What does that mean for you and your cat?
Our team is committed to ensuring that your cat(s) get the best care. And, to further its dedication, our clinic recently implemented the Cat Friendly Practice (CFP) program to offer pet owners more at every phase of the cat’s health care process.
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) pioneered the CFP program to provide a framework for creating a positive practice environment for cats, including medical care that supports the cat’s unique needs and knowledgeable staff members who understand feline-friendly handling.
At our CFP-designated clinic, the veterinary staff incorporates cat-friendly features into the physical environment of the practice including special waiting rooms or waiting accommodations, feline-sensitive examination rooms and ward facilities, and equipment appropriate specifically for cats.
Our staff members also approach cat care in a different manner. The staff knows how to understand the needs of the cat such as how to interpret a cat’s facial expression and body language. Furthermore, the staff is well-trained in alternate techniques to calm an anxious cat and ensure that exams and procedures do not escalate anxiety.
Our practice had to meet a total of 111 requirements in order to qualify and pass and be an AAFP Cat Freindly Practice! There were 10 topic areas for those requirements and they included the following:
- Staff training and continuing education/Client communications
- Veterinary practice premises/waiting area
- Feline handling and interaction with clients
- Exam room and clinical records
- Hospitalization/Boarding of cats
- Pain management/Operating room and anesthesia
- Surgical equipment and Dentistry
- Diagnostic imaging/Lab facilities
- Treatment/Health and Safety
- Preventative care by life stages
We look forward to seeing you and your feline companions in our Cat Friendly Practice!