Petersen Pet Hospital Policies
- To better serve our clients, we ask that appointments are scheduled in advance.
- New Clients, please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to allow for paperwork processing and updating of your pet’s medical record and bring any and all previous medical records for your pet’s appointment.
- Current clients, please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- In an event of an emergency, please come to our hospital immediately and, if possible, notify us on your way so we are ready for you when you arrive.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please give us 24 hours notice.
- Clients are required to communicate with team members and other clients in a kind and respectful manner while at the hospital.
- It is required that a Veterinarian/Patient/Client (VPC) relationship exists prior to prescribing medications and providing a diagnosis/treatment(s). To establish and maintain a VPC relationship, we require that the patient be examined at least once yearly. The VPC relationship can be terminated at any time by either Petersen Pet Hospital or the client.
- Payment in full is required at the time of services rendered.
- We accept Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Care Credit.
- It is the client’s responsibility to request an estimate prior to services rendered.
- Unpaid balances will incur an account receivable finance charge and monthly statement fee.
- All gift certificates and referral cards must be presented at time of check-out.
- All discounts and promotions are only honored if services and products are paid in full.
- Prescription medications are non-returnable, and their sales are final.
- Any non-prescription items that are returned will be credited to the client’s account if returned within 14 days of purchasing.
- No cash refunds will be issued.
Safety of our Team Members, Clients and Patients
We strive to always keep you and your pet safe while at Petersen Pet Hospital. In doing so, please follow these rules:
- All dogs are required to be on a leash and firmly secured by their owners.
- Please avoid your pets from coming into contact with other pets in the hospital.
- All cats are required to be in a carrier or on a leash.
- Team members are required to restrain all patients during examination and treatments for your safety and ours.
- Clients are responsible for the behavior of their pets. Please inform our team members if your pet has a history of aggression and/or severe anxiety.